Re: [exim] Oddity in spam filtering: negative scores still p…

Author: John Robinson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Oddity in spam filtering: negative scores still produce "possible spam" message in X-Spam-Report
On 09/09/2006 09:26, Christian Schmidt wrote:
> I think I just didn't get something: What is the difference between
>     warn  message = X-Spam-Report: $spam_report
>           spam = nobody
> and
>     warn  message = X-Spam-Report: $spam_report
>           spam = nobody:true
> ?

The ":true" means the warning (header, in this case) is added whether
the message is spam or not. Without it, the warning would only appear if
SpamAssassin scored the message over the threshold.

The text of the report is configured in SpamAssassin, and by default
includes the "possible spam" text, which is why I'm getting what looks
like the wrong thing, but actually Exim's doing the right thing and I'm
doing the wrong thing :-)

At least, that's now my understanding.

Cheers,

John.