Re: [exim] CRLF in whitelists

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Peter Velan
À: exim-users
Sujet: Re: [exim] CRLF in whitelists
am 2006-09-07 05:33 schrieb exim@???:
> However, the customer wants to maintain the whitelist themselves,
> using samba and editing the file on a windoze machine. So my question is:
> will the CRLF line-ends produced by windows boxes be a problem for
> exim4?

Hello Bill,

give the customer a nice tool (e.g. notepad++
<http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/de/site.htm>) with the capability
to store (and convert from/to) unix-like files with LF End-Of-Line. If
you configure the samba share with meaningfull rights and file modes
(e.g. don't let Windows control the execution-bit on Linux/Unix files
via windows archiv-bit - seems to be the default samba setup), you
should be in business.

Ciao,
Peter