[exim] How to troubleshoot Exim on a shared host?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: leam
A: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] How to troubleshoot Exim on a shared host?
Hullo, my first post. Trying to make it fully communicative and succinct. :)

My mail server is on a shared Linux host that I do not control. It is on Linux using Exim 4.52 and seems to be slow in letting me get mail. If i read the headers correctly "slow" being "half a day or so". In this sample I had my local mail host using fetchmail all of Monday until about 06:30 Tuesday, and then restarted fetchmail Teusday evening when I got home from work.

Header info:

>From friend@??? Tue Sep 5 16:56:39 2006

        by ahost.my-hosting-provider.com with esmtp (Exim 4.52)
        id 1GKLrS-0006l8-EJ
        for me@???; Mon, 04 Sep 2006 16:20:06 -0500

Other possibly relevant info:

1. I upgraded the OS on my local server. I *think* this problem started after that but I don't know for sure. Upgrade, in this case, means "wipe clean and start over".

2. My outgoing mail is also a little bit slower but I don't know if exim is handling that. I use Mutt 1.4.2.1i.

3. The hosting company is reporting issues with mail that they attribute to exim. When fetchmail gets my messages some are not flushed, maybe 1%. They say they clean out the mail from exim and things work better.

My privileges on the remote host are just as a user. What can I do to gather more information and work with my hosting provider to find a resolution?

ciao!

leam