Re: [exim] Different MySQL connections for different jobs

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Mike Cardwell
À: exim-users
Sujet: Re: [exim] Different MySQL connections for different jobs
* on the Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 09:50:00PM +0800, W B Hacker wrote:

>> I did consider configuring it in such a way that we have:
>>
>> hide mysql_servers = slavedetails : masterdetails
>>
>> When it tries to write to the slave it could fail, and then attempt the
>> write to the master, which then replicates back to the slave. That's not
>> a very tidy solution though.
>
> Actually it might be, even as-is.
>
> IF you use a different table-name in the master (or set of same) than name(s)
> you export to the slave (same data), AFAIK it will skip the slave 'coz the
> called tables do not match.

AFAICS there's no way of specifying table name in the "hide
mysql_servers" part. However, I've set up a separate database to stick the
table in that needs to be written to, on the master. And I've named it
inside the sql query it's self. It seems to work. Not ideal, but it's a
starting point.

Eg:

INSERT INTO newDBonMaster.table SET blah;

Mike