Re: [exim] Different MySQL connections for different jobs

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Mike Cardwell
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Different MySQL connections for different jobs
* on the Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 09:29:47PM +0800, W B Hacker wrote:

> The server queried doesn't know or care what caused the access, so long as it
> arrives on the right doorstep with the correct credentials.
>
> http://exim.org/exim-html-4.62/doc/html/spec_html/ch09.html#id2546221
>
> Says, in part;
>
> ====
>
> "... Here is an example where two MySQL servers are listed:
>
> hide mysql_servers = localhost/users/root/secret:\
>                       otherhost/users/root/othersecret

> For MySQL and PostgreSQL, a host may be specified as <name>:<port> but because
> this is a colon-separated list, the colon has to be doubled. For each query,
> these parameter groups are tried in order until a connection and a query succeeds."
>
> ====

I did consider configuring it in such a way that we have:

hide mysql_servers = slavedetails : masterdetails

When it tries to write to the slave it could fail, and then attempt the
write to the master, which then replicates back to the slave. That's not
a very tidy solution though.

I'd rather choose the db connection explicitly than exim to try them
in order until one works...

> Apologies, Philip. You told us what we needed all along....

I'm not sure he has...

Mike