Re: [exim] Callout cache domain records with use_sender

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Dave Evans
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Callout cache domain records with use_sender
On Thu, 3 Aug 2006, Dave Evans wrote:

> Should the per-domain callout cache records be consulted for recipient
> verification when use_sender is true? I suspect that they should not be
> consulted, but in fact they are consulted.

I have now looked into this, and I agree, subject to some more detail.
It's only when MAIL FROM:<> is rejected that the cache should be
ignored. If, for example, HELO is rejected, using the cache is correct.

I have committed a fix for this problem (which also affects
use_postmaster), so it will be in tonight's snapshot.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.