Re: [exim] split_ spool_ directory - when would you use it?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Warren Baker
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] split_ spool_ directory - when would you use it?
On Mon, 4 Sep 2006, Warren Baker wrote:

> Besides the downside of using it in conjunction with queue_run_in_order,
> surely the majority of installations out there make use of

> split_spool_directory - so should it not be enabled by default since it

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Have you any evidence for this? My (also totally unsubstantiated) guess
would be that "the majority of installations" are single-user or
small-company users of Debian boxes. I think we just don't know.

> is beneficial?

It may not always be beneficial, though the difference may be small and
one is splitting hairs to argue about it. (e.g. a company with 100
emails a day and such like).

Changing the default in the code would suddently hit a lot of existing
installations, who might not know what is going on, even though it is a
self-sorting-out change. It's the kind of change which, if it is to be
made at all, should only be part of a major upgrade (something like the
Exim 3->Exim 4 upgrade) IMHO.