[exim] [Administrivia] Re: R: Exim4 And outgoing Filters

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Matthew Byng-Maddick
À: exim users
Sujet: [exim] [Administrivia] Re: R: Exim4 And outgoing Filters
On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 05:47:23PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
[a painful rebuttal of some of Bill Hacker's misconceptions about Debian's
exim packaging - discussed before - ad infinitum - on this list]

Although I'm not a list moderator, having just read through this and the
last 80 odd messages on this list, I want to say that I'm really getting
very bored of reading (the same old) flamewars about choice of database,
choice of OS, and "How Bill Does It So You Should Too". This list has
been mostly on topic for many years, and has a reasonably high signal-to-
noise ratio most of the time, but it seems to be dropping more recently.

Can people please, please, please, not post if all they've got to say is
"why're you using ToySQL?" or "Windows users aren't wise enough to make
their own choices anyway". A smiley, winking or otherwise, should be your
cue to go "is this comment really appropriate to this audience, and should
I really be posting it?". Please, please take that cue.

(I pick on Bill because he's notably prolific by message volume on this list
and many of his messages seem to be "why do you think you need to do what
you're asking how to do? we don't do it that way!", though a fair few have
useful technical content)

Cheers

MBM

--