Re: [exim] How about an all MySQL version of Exim?

Autor: David Saez Padros
A: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] How about an all MySQL version of Exim?
Hi !!

> Here's a radical idea. A version of Exim that is all MySQL. What I mean
> is - all the internal stuff that uses files would use MySQL instead.
> This includes even perhapse the message queues, the hints database, a
> variety of things that are in lists now, and even a mysql email box that
> would work with some mysql based imap/pop server. (Dovecot might have
> this after version 1.0 is finalized.
>
> A MySQL version where Exim is written to be tightly integrated into it
> would take Exim to a far more powerful level than is it today especially
> when it comes to tying multiple servers together into massive email systems.

we use exim + mysql in a multi-server enviroment and due to performance
reasons we now have exim talk to cdb databases which are refreshed from
time to time to reflect changes in ther mysql database. A all mysql
exim will be a suicide on heavy loaded servers (well, you could always
spend lots of money on hardware to have it working), in the other hand
now it's possible to do many mysql things with exim.

--
Best regards ...

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53