Re: [exim] split_ spool_ directory - when would you use it?

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Heiko Schlichting
À: Zbigniew Szalbot
CC: exim-users
Sujet: Re: [exim] split_ spool_ directory - when would you use it?
> I have read about an option called "split_ spool_ directory". It seems
> interesting to me because once I switch exim to production, I expect many
> messages in queue at critical times.
>
> Does anyone use this option and how many messages should be in queue
> before you would consider using it?

There are many aspects which influence this parameter, e.g. the type of
filesystem and the I/O scheduler of your operating system.

But you will find very few reasons not turning on this option. Works very
well on our servers with 0 to 100.000+ messages in the queue. My
recommendation: turn it always on. Exim is smart enough to handle the
transitional phase without problems anyway.

Heiko

Heiko Schlichting        | Freie Universität Berlin
heiko@???       | Zentraleinrichtung für Datenverarbeitung (ZEDAT)
Telefon +49 30 838-54327 | Fabeckstraße 32
Telefax +49 30 838454327 | 14195 Berlin