Re: [exim] How about an all MySQL version of Exim?

Author: Steffen Heil
To: 'Odhiambo G. Washington', 'David Saez Padros'
Subject: Re: [exim] How about an all MySQL version of Exim?
Hi

> > (Oh, and we use postgres of course, not ToySQL :)
>
> With all the work the people have put in, the next thing you
> are likely to do is start calling some MTAs "Toys". It's
> prejudicial. Please respect the work done by others and the
> time they invest. PgSQL is not everything.

Up to version 3.x I used to call mysql "table management software", denying
it the title "database system". So far I can understand "ToySQL", however I
also realise that there are additions in current version, which could
justify a reevaluation. (Still somehow funny that things like stored
procedures, transactions (!), triggers etc. need to be added to a "DBS"...)

And yes, pgsql is not everything, but mysql isn't either... (And that last
thing needs to be learned by many more...)

Regards,
Steffen