Re: [exim] limiting simaltenous connections to certain hosts

Autor: Stephen Gran
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] limiting simaltenous connections to certain hosts
On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 07:10:29PM +0200, Zbigniew Szalbot said:
> Hello,
>
> There is a provider here in Poland offering free accounts and they set
> up an (I think)
> unreasonably low limit of simaltenous connections (about 3 if I am not
> wrong) from a single IP. Because I have about 1300 subscribers with such
> domain, the delivery is made difficult and takes considerable part of
> the day.
>
> Is there a way to have a router which would limit the number of sim.
> connections to
> hosts defined in a flat file so that exim does not unnecessarily keep
> trying where most of its attempts are being rejected anyway?

If I understand correctly, you want to send emails to people at that
provider, but want to rate limit your outgoing connection numbers. I
would queue the incoming messages, and then deliver with -qq to send all
the messages down a single connection. It adds a slight delay, but not
as much as having connections reset, presumably.
|  Stephen Gran                  | While you don't greatly need the        |
|  steve@???             | outside world, it's still very          |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | reassuring to know that it's still      |
|                                | there.                                  |