[exim] dbm to MySQL migration

Top Pagina
Auteur: Pascal
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [exim] dbm to MySQL migration
Hi,

I run a small mail server with about 40 domains. Right now I use
exim_dbmbuild to create the dbm files of the different domain mailer tables,
including dbm files for the local and relay domains. I however would like to
migrate all of this to a MySQL setup (at least I think I want that ;-)).
Reason for this is that I now run a system wide setting for spam and virus
scanning and that this is not really user friendly as I want to give the
users a choice in if they want spam and virus scanning per user. And I also
would like to switch from creating actual users on the system to switch that
to only MySQL users. Which probably also makes it more wise to switch to
maildir format and something like Courier.

With the dbm process I can do stuff like this:

mylocalalias: localuser1,localuser2,remote@???,localuser3
*: localuser1

And mail will be delivered to all the local and remote addresses and
everything else will be dropped in the localuser1 mailbox.

I've looked at a couple of MySQL examples but they seem to usually limit the
localuser drop to 1 user so alias1@??? will always only be dropped
into a localuser1 mailbox. Which is not the behaviour I want. However I
assume that - flexible as exim is - I can also get the behaviour I have with
a MySQL setup

As I would like to get my new setup done properly at once I hope someone can
assist me in making the right choices. Or better yet if somebody want to
share their setup with me would be even better as it makes no sense for me
to engineer what already has been engineered before and has proven to work.

Assuming I could create a MySQL table which can contain several local users
and several remote users for the same alias. Would it be wise to create
single records for each local / remote user for the same alias? Or just put
everything in one record? Or split the record in a localusers part and a
remote user part and use different routers for them?

So if somebody who has already made a setup like I want and would like to
share their culprits, setup of whatever they want to share that would be
greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Pascal