Re: [exim] I: Exim4 And outgoing Filters

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: W B Hacker
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] I: Exim4 And outgoing Filters
Davide wrote:

> Bill Says :
> The 'sent_archive_delivery' transport should store mail in either a
> common-systemwide, common-source-domain-wide (virtual hosting?), or
> by-destination-domain structure, depending on your environment and expected
> manner of analysis/recovery.
>

> I want to save mail in a directory in account maildir ... i have only one
> account ... inside a folder than can I subscribe with an IMAP client and
> read it .

With just one account, you may be able to do that more easily with the IMAP
client itself. Mozilla Mail, among others, can keep copies of sent traffic on
both the IAMP server and in the local file system.

Now if it is the traffic of *other users* - best check the ToS, contracts, and
law of the land' where you operate, AND where those other users sit.

The archiver code we illustrated was for a Corporate mail server, and access is
not ordinarily available to even their staff.

> How can I set to do this ?
>
> BR Razi

If you want to use Exim to manage any sort of 'special' IMAP-visible server-side
folder, then you need only to insure that it creates and fills said folder in
the location the IMAP client will seek it, and with naming convention and access
privileges the IMAP client expects.

Perhaps the best way to start that is to first use your IMAP client to create a
new empty folder with the name you want.

THEN go in on the server, look into the Maildir in question, see what the full
path to that folder is, who 'owns' it, and what file perms exist on it.

That way you have covered any differences between your server's storage and
those of other folks.

Mine might be:

Dovecot ONLY:

/data/mail/conducive.org/wbh/Maildir/.Special

Dovecot OR Courier-IMAP:

/data/mail/conducive.org/wbh/Maildir/.INBOX.Special

I am not current on Cyrus-IMAP storage...

Whatever is working, now take that identical path and use it for the
line in your special transport that starts with: 'directory = '

The rest - file privileges, user, group - shoudl be that same as whatever is
*working* for you other mail deliveries.

Variables or lookups, if needed, work the same as for any other delivery, but
with just one user, you can probably just hard-code the path. SO LONG AS the
calling router is picking up only what you want it to pick up.

HTH,

Bill

PS: Anyone thinking to keep an (unauthorized) eye on mail of family members,
lady friends, co-workers, or the Boss, should expect serious legal problems, if
not worse. Same goes for simply reading their Maildirs on the server.

Running a server or being a mailadmin does not magically convey legal immunity,
nor does it make you 'invisible', bullet-proof, or resistant to a sound
thrashing, verbal or physical.

Server admins must cultivate discretion, even 'selective blindness', at least
until served with a court order.