Re: [exim] Using secondary MX and rejecting messages

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Chris Lightfoot
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Leonardo Boselli
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Using secondary MX and rejecting messages
On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 09:37:32PM +0200, Leonardo Boselli wrote:
    [...]

> Mi ides should be to redirect the port 25 of mx17 top the port 25 of mx10,
> Using this arrangement calling either first or last mail exchanger would
> end in connecting to the same computer, only using different connections
> (more or less as having a dueal hosted main server)
> Wpuld this work ?
> there is the risk that some sender try on MX10 , have it busy, then
> instead of going to MX13 go directly to MX17 that since is a rerouted to
> MX10 probably would refuse again ?

see this thread:
    http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20060522/msg00103.html
for a similar idea (only accepting mail at a secondary if
the primary is down, deferring it if the primary is up and
would accept it, and rejecting it if the primary is up and
would reject it). Note that this and similar solutions are
strictly not correct since internet routing is not
transitive (the fact that a client can see your secondary
and your secondary can see your primary does not mean that
the client can definitely see your primary) but in
practice it seems to be an acceptable tradeoff in today's
internet.

--
``The ATM says `DESTROY CAPITALISM' -- but then it charged me a service fee!''
(complaint about an auto-teller at Jamie Zawinski's club, `DNA Lounge')