Re: [exim] redirect from one external user to anyone interna…

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] redirect from one external user to anyone internal, to a specificaccount
Jakob Hirsch wrote:
> Quoting W B Hacker:
>

>>>Urgh, yuck. Why not use an ACL variable?
>>
>>Simple reason here was that we don't have any left to spare.
>>(unless Phil bumped from 0-9 to 0-99 when I wasn't looking...)
>

> It's (compile time) configurable since 4.61, I think.

ACK. I still have on box at 4.60. Relectant to switch 'til I am at least in the
same country as the server...

> And with a little luck, one of the next releases will have named
> variables (acl_[cm]something), dynamically created, so there will be
> virtually no more limit.

Naming could be a real blessing when troubleshooting.

I traditionlly keep a comment section at the head of MAIN listing them all, what
mischief I am up to with each, and which acl_c's get copied into acl_m's, where
and why. Easy to do editor jumps to check.

OTOH, the same ~/configure is used on all servers, all (100% treated as
'virtual') domains. DB does the 'personality', so it pays to comment well.

Thanks,

Bill