[exim] sending mail using exim4 behind a router

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: kruton
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [exim] sending mail using exim4 behind a router
I don't whether my problem is rectifiable at all or
not.. Moreover I am overwhelmed by the amount of
documentation.

The basic setup:
Debian Sid box behind a D-Link router. I have been
using kmail to read various IMAP and POP3 (like gmail)
mailboxes and send mails using my ISP's smtp server. I
have a dyndns.org account which maps myowndomain.com
to the IP addr provided by my ISP.

One fine weekend took upon a daunting task of setting
up a mail server and installed exim4 with apt-get.

The issue:
How/Where to configure exim (if possible) so that I
don't need to use ISP's smtp server. The server
running on my box should suffice!

Success as of now:
With ISP's smtp, and kmail I can send mails to anyone
with the "From" identity of my local
user@???. I can also receive mails from
anyone to user@??? which get stored in
/var/mail/user which I read using kmail again.

Error as of now:
I remove ISP's smtp server details from the "Accounts"
- "Sending" section of kmail configuration and add
myowndomain.com as a new smtp server. (sounds
ludicrous, i know!) I get the following error:

Sending failed:
Message sending failed since the following recipients
were rejected by the server:
<a valid gmail id> (The server responded: "relay not
permitted")

Hlp....... The documentation is HUGE... narrow me to a
relevant doc atleast...
thx
pK