Re: [exim] Sender address rejected: Domain not found

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: Exim, Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Sender address rejected: Domain not found
On 28/08/06, B. Cook <bcook@???> wrote:
> 2006-08-28 11:08:57 1GH7KP-0001Gq-Py == schoond@???
> R=manual_route T=remote_smtp defer (-44): SMTP error from remote mail
> server after RCPT TO:<schoond@???>: host 1.2.3.4[1.2.3.4]: 450
> <tywo@???>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found
>
> where 1.2.3.4 is a host that is ultimately accepting mail for
> domain.org. So what I have been looking for, and keep finding sender
> callouts as the answer, but I just want to verify that I could send them
> mail.. (I guess is what the 1.2.3.4 box is doing

The 1.2.3.4 box, if it's running Exim, has 'verify=sender' set
somewhere. Or some equivalent functionality. If you do the same on the
relay box, you'll reject the same class of message.

Note that verify=sender doesn't cause callouts - just DNS lookups of
the sender domain.

The domain grounddesigns2000.com's dns is broken. A perfectly valid
reason to reject their email, in my view.

Peter