Re: [exim] non-cyrus sasl as an exim backend? patch? integra…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: OpenMacNews
Para: W B Hacker, exim users
Assunto: Re: [exim] non-cyrus sasl as an exim backend? patch? integrated?
hi bill,

-- On August 28, 2006 10:56:43 AM +0800 W B Hacker <wbh@???> wrote:
>> there was a related (?) thread @:
>>
>> <http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20060703/msg00263.
>> html>
>>
>> but, to my read, went off in another direction ...

> Guilty.
>
> ;-)

there's always ONE! ;-)

> But if you must have SASL, there are more than two options.
> it is, after all, intended to be a 'callable' service, available to all
> (authorized) comers - Exim included.

understood.

i'm looking for (add'l) access to the not-currently-native-to-exim
authenticators (anonymous, digest-md5), and would prefer not to use cyrus-sasl.

i'm specifically looking for getting exim to use dovecot's sasl as a backend,
and was asking whether i still need (can use?) the referenced patch.

> You may want to look at these if you have not already done so:

gr8 references, thx.

> GNU SASL libs:

didn't even know GNU had one!:-}

> HTH,

well, actually, not yet (still may be 'in there' -- u gave me a lot of
reading!).

ceers,

richard

--

/"\
\ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign

[GPG] OpenMacNews at gmail dot com
fingerprint: 50C9 1C46 2F8F DE42 2EDB D460 95F7 DDBD 3671 08C6