Re: [exim] n00b help

Autor: Christian Schmidt
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] n00b help
Hello Mike,

Wilson, Mike, 26.08.2006 (d.m.y):

> I'm setting up a pair of mail gateways here running Exim, ClamAV, and
> Spamassassin. I've run into a problem with my ACL.
>
> Here's a rundown of my config/mail flow:
>
> 1.    Remote host connects, is checked against blacklist/whitelist
> (sender and domain based) and handled appropriately.
> 2.    Verify recipient domain (make sure it has a valid MX record).
> 3.    Deny blacklisted senders.

This should be done in the acl_check_rcpt.

> 4.    Scan message body for malware with clamav.
> 5.    Run the message through spamassassin *only* if the sender *and*
> domains aren't in the whitelists (sender works, domain doesn't).

AFAIK you can acieve this by setting some variables when running the
acl_check_rcpt and checking the mails in the acl_smtp_data only if
these variables contain a special value.

> 6.    route message to one of two hosts based upon recipient domain.

> So I'm doing my sender whitelist in the acl_smtp_data, and it won't let
> me use "domains" there... I get a temporarily rejected after DATA:
> cannot test domains condition in DATA ACL" suggestions?

Let your exim do the domain checks in the acl_check_rcpt.

Regards,
Christian Schmidt

--
Disk Error Drive A: - Wasser im Laufwerk (Bitte abpumpen)