Re: [exim] exim 4.62 & maildir

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: W B Hacker
À: exim users
Sujet: Re: [exim] exim 4.62 & maildir
Stefan Klatt wrote:

> Hello,
>
> if i use exim 4.62 with maildir and local_part_suffixes. exim use only
> lowercase directories even i use local_part_suffixes with uppercase
> letters.
> Is there a way to control this behavior?
>

> Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
>
> Stefan Klatt

See 'caseful_local_part = true'

As in:

shell_user:
driver = accept
caseful_local_part = true
check_local_user
transport = shell_delivery
cannot_route_message = Not one of our clients.

It is not available in every possible situation (nor should it be), but does
work in router/transport sets, which is where you specify needing it.

In the illustration above, our shell accounts (typically three only) rely on
mixed-case, and no 'folded' versions would ever be acceptable.

For the wider world of corespondents, be aware that insisting on case-senstivity
can add more grief than gain. local_parts are *supposed to be* at least
preserved and conveyed unaltered, if not treated distinctly, but typo's aside,
not all MTA will do so.

HTH,

Bill