Re: [exim] slightly OT - reconstructing mbox files?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jim Tittsler
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] slightly OT - reconstructing mbox files?
On Aug 24, 2006, at 10:46, Marcus Barczak wrote:

> Now, I need to somehow fix this - so my question is, is there a
> program out there that already exists that can reconstruct each
> message into mbox format? (ie. work out and insert the "From <sender>
> <date>" header between each message ?

You might try formail (part of the procmail suite). It is pretty
good at handling that case.
formail -ds <archive >archive.mbox
The '-a Date:' option may also be useful, but the date is added to
the 'From ' header in a non-standard format, so it requires a lenient
client to read the resulting mbox.

--
Jim Tittsler     http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship  http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/