Re: [exim] redirect from one external user to anyone interna…

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: W B Hacker
À: exim users
Sujet: Re: [exim] redirect from one external user to anyone internal, to a specificaccount
Derrick MacPherson wrote:

> What would be a good way to redirect emails from user_x@???
> destined to *@ourserver.com to a specific account catch@???
>
> System filter? ACL?
>
> I've done a bit of googling but i'm not getting the search terms correct
> I guess..

In production use here:

An acl that:

- acts only on the $domain involved

- does a list match on multiple $local_part

- adds a unique header when matched

(which in our case also skips some other tests that might deny the traffic...)

Along with a router/transport set that:

- recognizes the special header

- removes said header

- delivers to a specific mailstore

In production use... along with a similar test that denies one of our user
accounts all incoming messages that can be identified as having originated on a
Microsoft box...

If 'user_x' is a type or style of address not a single-user or known-group of
users, you might also look at Exim's regular expression parsing tools.

The special header is by no means the only way to route, but it is an easy one
to apply and lends itself well to 'self explanatory' recognition.

Easy to have Exim do odd jobs. Harder to remember how and why you did so!

;-)

HTH,

Bill