Re: [exim] Auto Freeze inbound mails

Autor: Magnus Holmgren
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Auto Freeze inbound mails
On Friday 25 August 2006 14:00, Balzi Andrea took the opportunity to say:
> Hi
>
> We use exim as mail-relay.
> I would want to make that when the internal mail-server is down, exim
> should hold the incomming mails and, when the server is up, we can put
> them unfrozen.
> How can I trying it?

Is it down often? For how long? You probably shouldn't mess with freezing, but
instead let the messages sit on the queue and let the relay retry until the
internal server is back up. I suppose that what you really want is that the
relay won't send warning messages to the sender about mail that it hasn't yet
been able to deliver. That happens after four hours by default, which is
quite a long time, but it can be tweaked. See delay_warning and
delay_warning_condition in chapter 14 of the specification for how to
suppress it for mail destined to the internal server.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)