Re: [exim] exim fails to connect to smarthost

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Magnus Holmgren
À: exim-users
Sujet: Re: [exim] exim fails to connect to smarthost
On Thursday 24 August 2006 09:32, Celejar took the opportunity to say:
> I use exim to relay mail (from a dialup box) via 'smtp.gmail.com' (resolves
> to 'gmail-smtp.l.google.com') as a smarthost. I have
> '*:user@???:passwd' in 'passwd.client', and 'port = 587' in
> 'exim_config_remote_smtp_smarthost'. This configuration has worked for me
> for a while, but has "suddenly" (I may have done something, but I can't
> think what) begun to consistently fail, with messages such these:
>
> 1GG8B8-0001Nd-Cf gmail-smtp.l.google.com [64.233.185.109] Connection
> refused 1GG8B8-0001Nd-Cf gmail-smtp.l.google.com [64.233.185.111]
> Connection refused 1GG8B8-0001Nd-Cf == xxxx@??? R=smarthost
> T=remote_smtp_smarthost defer (111): Connection refused
>
> The problem isn't with the gmail servers; I use these same settings with
> the MTA built into sylpheed and it's still working fine.

What is exim_config_remote_smtp_smarthost? A file or a section of exim.conf?
The transport involved seems to be called "remote_smtp_smarthost". Are you
using a configuration front end? Perhaps some file suddenly isn't included
anymore. You can output the actual configuration with

exim -bP transport remote_smtp_smarthost

Check that it includes "port = 587".

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)