Re: [exim] Only three user to receive

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: John Burnham
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Only three user to receive
> My idea would be to set in exim conf something that for those
> users accept e mail (easy) but for all other possible
> addresses gave a strong message that the user and domain are
> no longer active (550 is enought
> ?)
> This differently fron default for all other domain that senda
> back a message with possible hints.
> Possibly at rcpt time, not after data !
> (of course: what would happen if somone send a message to two
> recipient, user@??? and user@??? ????
> consider that such message are most likely spam but i can see
> some messages sent to user1@??? and user2@???
> , were user1 is an user gone since many years, whose address
> is in a old magazine that of course never notified abut
> change of address, and user2 is perfectly ok, and this is not spam)

As a first guess, I'd have something in the rcpt acl along the lines of

accept  domains=old.doma.in
        local_parts = list:of:valid:local:parts
deny    domains=old.doma.in
        message=This address is no longer in use

You'll need to put this at a sensible part of your ACL. This is left as an
exercise for the reader (remember you can create a copy of your config file and
test behaviour by using something like
exim -C newconfigfile -d -bt address
to see how exim would handle the address before making the changes to your live
config file).
The question of what happens if a message has multiple rcpts, some valid and
some not is that, as this is run at rcpt time, the valid rcpts will be accepted
and the invalid ones will be rejected. The question you pose about users in
different domains is handled as the ACL is only concerned with rcpts in the old
domain.
Hope that helps.
John