Re: [exim] Why does exim chdir to user's home directory on m…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Patrick Okui
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Kopio: Tony Finch, Marc Haber
Aihe: Re: [exim] Why does exim chdir to user's home directory on message delivery?
On Wednesday 23 August 2006 13:00, Tony Finch wrote:
> > A bad idea for Debian, or a bad idea for exim?
>
> Yes.

I'm guessing you mean a bad idea for exim on Debian?

> Tony, who thinks it's better to be standard than better.

Well, looking at the linked bug report, his problem is with an
OpenAFS filesystem (where the user home directories are stored).
Since giving exim a Kerberos ticket, he'd rather not have it
chdir() there at all.

Given that this is a unique setup, a more explicit note in the
docs that transports always try to chdir() to what they believe
is the current $HOME would probably be more appropriate than
changing this (probably expected) behaviour.

My 2 cents.
--
patrick