Re: [exim] non-address header syntax checking

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: W B Hacker
À: exim users
Sujet: Re: [exim] non-address header syntax checking
Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 08:40 +0800, W B Hacker wrote:
>
>>Haven't seen the need to use Cyrus *at all* in recent years.
>

> how many users do you have?
>

>>Exim+Dovecot with TLS-only auth, 8-bit safe, UTF-8 virtual/all user DB driven,
>>and we have Asian and Eastern European correspondents covered with near-zero effort.
>

> Cyrus is 8-bit safe, it just won't accept messages which aren't correct
> according to RFCs.
>

>>Where is the remaining advantage? - or does Cyrus even still have any that
>>justify the extra work?
>

> it's way more scalable than Dovecot. I'd say the break-even point is at
> about 10k users.

We do primarily SME 'corporate' services, (and R&D) so are *way* below that on
any one server.

Enough so as to be able to afford near-real-time checking - essentially 24x7
continuous login, and no POP. IMAP-only with local sync, full archiving, etc.

But, from curiosity, where do you ID scalability barriers in Dovecot vs Cyrus -
aside from Cyrus obvious longevity/experience advantage?

Bill