Re: [exim] :fail: after missing all routers

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: W B Hacker
À: exim users
Sujet: Re: [exim] :fail: after missing all routers
Customer Support wrote:

> How do I :fail: mail thats not been caught by all of the previous routers?
>
> We're using mysql, but finding that many searches return no data because the users are being spammed to non existant addresses. At the moment we just see
>
> temporarily rejected RCPT tom@???: MYSQL: no data found
>
> Thanks John

It is ordinarily done by querying the routers with:

require verify = recipients

in an acl.

BUT - ISTR that you are trying to also do a MySQL-driven 'wildcard' catch-all,
so that will seem to find a router capable of local delivery.

IF so, I suspect that your setup then later finds it only *thinks* has access to
a defined mailstore to which it can deliver. May be unable to assume a
non-existent UID, for example.

You might be better served to use 'fakereject' to divert such traffic to an
admin-owned mailstore location for later manual analysis.

Perhaps better yet, we instead enter common mis-spellings / alternate
punctuation of each user's address as legitimate aliases, then reject the
*massive* number of zombified dictionery attacks and the truly-cobbled addresses
outright. At least it is more forgiving than mis-dialed phone of fax numbers.

And much less workload!

HTH,

Bill