Re: [exim] non-address header syntax checking

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
Para: Phil Chambers
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] non-address header syntax checking
On Tue, 2006-08-22 at 15:32 +0100, Phil Chambers wrote:
> However, Cyrus refuses to accept messages with non-ascii characters in any part
> of the header. This has not been a problem until recently, when there seems to
> have been a spate of messages with non-ascii in headers, including in header
> labels.

from imapd.conf(5):

   reject8bit: 0
        If enabled, lmtpd rejects messages with 8-bit  characters  in  the
        headers.   Otherwise,  8-bit  characters  are  changed to `X'.  (A
        proper soultion to non-ASCII characters in headers is  offered  by
        RFC 2047 and its predecessors.)

the default is off, I suggest you change your setting. (Cyrus will
still balk on NUL.)
--
Kjetil T.