Re: [exim] Migration from Sendmail to Exim

Autor: Patrick Okui
A: Travis Vermaak
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Migration from Sendmail to Exim
[ please keep the list in cc least of all so someone more
knowledgeable can help ]

On Tuesday 22 August 2006 16:56, Travis Vermaak wrote:
> Hi Patrick
>
> Thanks you.I appreciate the response.
>
> I never setup the server, just doing a bit of research for the
> (boss) man, but maybe you can answer a few questions for me. I
> have an existing Exim server with accounts on already, and an
> old Sendmail server we want to take out, but want to take the
> rest of the accounts from the Sendmail server and add them to
> the existing accounts in Exim.

What operating system is running on the "sendmail server" and the
"exim server"? Distro?

> Is this possible? What is the file/folder Im looking for in
> Sendmail?

Yes it is, probably /etc/passwd (and /etc/shadow) unless this is
a BSD box. In any case what you are trying to move are system
user accounts - i.e you are looking at a UNIX specific thing.
Has very little to do with sendmail or exim for that matter.