Re: [exim] exim4: headers check syntax?

Autor: Michael Fischer v. Mollard
A: Chris Lightfoot, Michael Fischer v. Mollard
CC: exim-users, Marc Haber
Assumpte: Re: [exim] exim4: headers check syntax?

-- On Tuesday, August 22, 2006 10:10:22 +0100 Chris Lightfoot wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 11:04:18AM +0200, Michael Fischer v. Mollard
> wrote:     [...]
>> recently there is a lot of spam containing 8-bit garbage before the
>> message  id.

>> This stuff is rejected by cyrus ("LMTP error after DATA: 554 5.6.0
>> Message contains invalid header"), but accepted by exim. "verify =
>> header_syntax" won't help, as it only checks the 'syntax of all header
>> lines that can contain lists of addresses'. What can I do to reject
>> messages with 8-bit characters in the header (and not in the address or
>> subject header, as this will reject legitimate mails)?
>
> a condition in the DATA acl based on $hdr_Message-ID
> matching [\200-\377]?

Hey,
that's a cool tip (I just forgot that I could use a regexp in the ACLs).
But it won't work in this case, as its not "Message-ID: Garbage" but
"GarbageMessage-ID: XXX". Even if matching '$hdr_<EF><BB><BF>Message-ID'
would work (not shure about that), this would only be a very specific
solution. Any other idea?

Michael

--
Michael Fischer v. Mollard, Netzwerkadministration
Heise Zeitschriften Verlag GmbH & Co KG