Re: [exim] Exim delivery after "no immediate delivery"

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Magnus Holmgren
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Exim delivery after "no immediate delivery"
On Monday 21 August 2006 10:02, OlafDoering took the opportunity to say:
> Hi there,
> i have a question to maildelivery after "no immediate delivery". My
> mailserver is getting high load some times an then doing no immediate
> delivery. Thats OK for that, but the delivery is sometimes over 6 hours
> later. What can i do to do an automatic delivery after the load is normal
> again.
>
> I know, that delivery is done by the next queue run, which is every 30m in
> my configuration. My mailserver, which is only a relay mailserver, is
> handling 150k to 200k mails a day, holding nearly 10k mails in queue (most
> bounces i think)

You should probably do something about those bounces then. You can/should
1) verify the recipient address, possibly with callouts, so that you don't
accept mail that you have to bounce later; and/or
2) verify the sender address, possibly with callouts, so that you don't accept
mail that can't be bounced in case delivery fails.

"Only a relay mailserver" you say. Do you mean it's a frontend for another
mailserver, a secondary MX mainly bombarded with spam, or an outbound relay
(smarthost)?

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)