[exim] abuse and or postmaster for all domains

Autor: Debbie Doerrlamm
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] abuse and or postmaster for all domains
What's wrong with this picture??
postmaster@ and abuse@ both bounce as user unknown. AOL is getting
stricter and stricter and I need to set both so I can submit for a feedback
loop on the new server.

exim.conf :
system_aliases:
driver = redirect
allow_defer
allow_fail
data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/aliases}}
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
retry_use_local_part

/etc/alias -- postmater & abuse are piped to root.. but I get neither..

# Basic system aliases -- these MUST be present.
mailer-daemon: postmaster
postmaster: root
[snip]
abuse: root

Recipient address: abuse@???
Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
Diagnostic code: smtp;550-"The recipient cannot be verified. Please check
all recipients of this message to verify they are valid."

Recipient address: postmaster@???
Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
Diagnostic code: smtp;550-"The recipient cannot be verified. Please check
all recipients of this message to verify they are valid."

in the WHM > Server Contacts > Change System Mail Preferences
root is set to go to my off server address

What key element is missing here??

Regards,
Debbie ^v^ ^o^ //\o/\\ ^o^ ^v^ Webmaster - System Admin

webmaster@??? (AOL, CS or AIM NailGdsss - MSN Nailgodess)
WWWeb Services, Ronkonkoma, NY
631-981-1273  fax 631-981-7557
http://www.beautytech.com & http://www.beautytech.INFO
     for Professionals             for Consumers
Online Correspondent NAILS Magazine http://www.nailsmag.com