Re: [exim] Debugging autoreply transport

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Richard Hoyle
À: exim-users
Sujet: Re: [exim] Debugging autoreply transport
> What the problem was is, unfortunately, unclear. If you can run the
> transport as an Exim admin user, it should be able to request debugging
> from the called submission Exim, so perhaps then you'll be able to see
> what is going on.

Thanks for the reply, Phillip, I think I've got to the bottom of this, now.

I hadn't realised that exim actually exits, refusing to run if it
receives a debugging request as an unprivileged user.

It's all there in exim.c line 3483 and 12 following lines:

I thought it just didn't honour the request and carried on, doing
its thing, without any output, in the background. Sorry for the
misunderstanding.

It now seems that the autoreply transport IS queueing the message,
for later delivery, after the first time it defers. I'm now not
sure if it always did this, or only after the many tweaks I've
made. However, the transport has these values set:

once = $home/vacation.db
once_repeat = 7d

and it's updating the db on the first, deferred pass. So, when it
comes to send the msg again, on a queue run, the transport checks
the db, and doesn't do the reply. If I kill the db before, the
queue is run, then the msg gets through. It probably would be good
if the autoreply transport only updated the 'once' db AFTER it had
successfully submitted the message, but I guess it's fair to
assume that local deliveries don't fail under normal circumstances.

Thanks again for getting back to me.

All the best,

===Rich