Re: [exim] Exim4 + greylistd + spf

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Ian Eiloart
À: Andreas Metzler, exim-users
Sujet: Re: [exim] Exim4 + greylistd + spf

--On 17 August 2006 10:40:36 +0200 Andreas Metzler
<eximusers@???> wrote:

> Aurélien Fernandes <aurelien.fernandes@???> wrote:
>> A few months ago I installed Ex Exim 4.5-8 + Clamav + Greylist on
>> my Debian Sarge. When i started to get spams coming through the greylist
>> I decided to install SPF as first filter.
>
> SPF is no Anti-Spam measure. It is just a way to enforce that e-mails
> using certain senders can only be sent from certain hosts.

That's a useful way of reducing spam from certain trusted domains. For
example, I'd be more inclined to trust email from a .ac.uk domain if it
matched an SPF record. It's not that spam never originates from such
sources, but I'd expect there to be a responsible postmaster who I could
contact.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex