Re: [exim] Smtp_defer DNS or SPF issues?

Author: Tiago Botechia Silveira
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Smtp_defer DNS or SPF issues?
>> These are some examples of the error logs, when sending messages:
>> …. R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp defer (110): Connection timed out
>
> sounds like your resolver isn't working, check /etc/resolv.conf.
>
> also try running
>
> exim -d -M some-id-from-the-queue
>
> to see what's happening.

Thanks, Kjetil!
Your tip lead me to the right path.
After a few deductions I found out that the smtp ports are closed, except for
the xxx.xxx.55.1 which is the MX I´m using as a smarthost (luckly he didn´t
disabled this function there).
I´m not sure how efficient is this measure, if there´s a wi-fi network filtered
simply by MAC. Anyone could hack into it and spam the world through this
smarthost quite easily.

Tiago Botechia.