Re: [exim] Mail Queue after Upgrade

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Jess Mooers
À: exim-users
Sujet: Re: [exim] Mail Queue after Upgrade
John W. Baxter <jwblist3@???> wrote on Monday, August 14, 2006:

>On 8/14/06 1:52 PM, "Tony Finch" <dot@???> wrote:
>
>> Restore the setuid bit on Exim.
>
>(As a fix for Exim on Mac OS X server not delivering mail without being
>prodded.)
>
>And, possibly, avoid running the Repair Permissions feature in Disk Utility
>on that server in the future. (You could try Verify Permissions after
>setting the setuid bit, checking for the Exim binary's presence in the list
>of "errors" that need correcting.)
>
>Note: I've never touched an instance of Mac OS X server, which tells you
>how much that advice is likely to be worth.
>
> --John

How do I setuid bit on Exim? I have searched the archives and can't seem to find how to do this.

I will no longer be performing Repair Permissions on the server. As soon as I clicked it, I thought, "Maybe I shouldn't have done that!"

Regards, Jess Mooers
Landmann InterActive
1423 S. Park St., Madison, WI 53715
W 608-257-1558