Re: [exim] Spam and maillinglists

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Ian Eiloart
To: Andy Smith, exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Spam and maillinglists

--On 13 August 2006 07:01:24 +0000 Andy Smith <andy@???> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 03:36:22PM +0200, Stian Jordet wrote:
>> I wonder what people do when they get spam from maillinglists. I usually
>> reject it at SMTP time, but then several maillinglists unsubsribe you.
>
> Yes, this is quite annoying, especially to have to explain to users
> who don't understand it.

Yes, I've been unsubscribed from Yahoo lists because we reject messages
with badly formatted headers. Very annoying.

I've been having a debate on the Mailman list about fixing Mailman to
recognise rfc1893 enhanced error codes. Unfortunately, the proposal didn't
go down too well, it seems that they're concerned that some servers might
be giving incorrect enhanced error codes! As far as I can tell, the worst
outcome is that Mailman continue to silently drop a few bounce messages.

Part of the problem arises because the list manager isn't well integrated
with the MTA, which makes me think that Tom Kistner's exilist
<http://duncanthrax.net/exilist-distro/> has lots of potential.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex