Re: [exim] scanning issue.

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Tim Jackson
À: exim-users
Sujet: Re: [exim] scanning issue.
Derrick MacPherson wrote:

> This particular event this weekend one was someone sending a 5
> meg attachment, that in the scan directory was expanding to nearly 60
> megs. Now it takes some time, but it will get scanned, though while it's
> being processed by us, the remote server sends it again. And again, etc.
> Now I'm mainly confused as to why but more in how to stop this.

You could limit the size of the messages you're scanning. The
$message_size variable contains this. Assuming you're using the content
scanning extensions (i.e. using "malware in the DATA ACL) something like
the following may be useful:

   deny    message       = Virus found ($malware_name)
           condition     = ${if <{$message_size}{8M}}
           malware       = *

That will skip scanning for messages over 8MB.

Tim