Re: [exim] Exim4 mail problem

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim4 mail problem
sajith chandra kumar <sajithvs2001@???> (Mo 14 Aug 2006 09:23:56 CEST):
> I have run the exim4 -bt sender and recipient address .Then it showing
>
> router =smarthost transport = remote_smtp_smarthost
> host isp.com (ipaddress1)
> host isp.com(ipaddress2)

'exim -bt' checks the routing only. I tells you, what exactly Exim
*would* do to route/deliver the message.

> then i check telnet command
> telnet public address port25
> showing telnet unable to connect to remotehost connection refused

The target servers SMTP port could be down for some reason, or some
firewall could block your access to the target hosts SMTP port.

(You could use `tcpdump' to find out if it's the target host or some
firewall on the way to the target.)

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -