Re: [exim] Feature req: env var logging

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Stephen Gran
À: exim-users
Sujet: Re: [exim] Feature req: env var logging
On Sun, Aug 13, 2006 at 04:31:55PM +0200, Phil Pennock said:
> I have a feature request for Exim for consideration, which might be
> awkward to integrate.
>
> On an Exim receive (<=) line, the ability to log the value of a
> specified environment variable.
>
> Rationale: PHP webhosting, which on Unix uses "sendmail" for submission,
> rather than talking SMTP, so the web-server's environment variables will
> be visible (by hook or by crook). So if I can log the $REQUEST_URI in
> _Exim_'s logs, it should become *much* easier to track down the page
> which is being abused by spammers. Sometimes, with large badly-written
> PHP applications it can be difficult to tell from the web-server logs
> where the hole is.

Set the sendmail_path in your php.ini to a wrapper script that does
clever things with -oMr and the things you want to log. We usually use
it to log something like virthost-path, but you may want to do something
else. This doesn't work that well with smtp input from scripts, but not
much does.
|  Stephen Gran                  | I enjoy the time that we spend          |
|  steve@???             | together.                               |