Re: [exim] Exim-users Digest, Vol 27, Issue 14

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Albert Wong
À: exim-users
Sujet: Re: [exim] Exim-users Digest, Vol 27, Issue 14
Greetings everyone:

I've done my best to install exim [compiled with mysql support] on my
dedicated server FreeBSD system. However, I'm having some difficulties in
"receiving email" that is sent from outside the system.

When I try to email my system by using the email address:

wonga@???

I get the following bounce message:

----------
<wonga@???>:
216.32.94.10 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 relay not permitted Giving up on 216.32.94.10.
=-------------------

[My dedicated server is located at IP address 216.32.94.10]

This message shows up in the bounced email, as well as in the rejectlog
under /var/spools/exim .

I've been playing around with different setups for my exim configuration
file [/usr/local/etc/exim/configure], just to get something to work, but
nothing seems to help.

Currently, my configure file has the following settings:

-----------exim configure file settings------------
primary_hostname = ithou.org

domainlist local_domains = @ : @[] : ithou.org : www.ithou.org : *.ithou.org
domainlist relay_to_domains = *.ithou.org : ithou.org
hostlist relay_from_hosts = localhost : 216.32.94.10
-----------------------

As a side note, I can mail messages out through the standard shell command
line and it gets delivered just fine. However, when I attempt to send mail
out using the telnet interface, I get an error [see for example below].

--------telnet error -----------
newinst# telnet mail.ithou.org 25
Trying 216.32.94.10...
Connected to mail.ithou.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 newinst.layeredtech.com ESMTP Exim 4.62 Fri, 11 Aug 2006 14:20:32 -0500
ehlo ithou.org
250-newinst.layeredtech.com Hello ithou.org [216.32.94.10]
250-SIZE 52428800
250-PIPELINING
250 HELP
MAIL FROM: wonga@???
250 OK
RCPT TO: ajwwong@???
451 Temporary local problem - please try later

Finally, I'm using godaddy's "total domain control" in order to specify the
mx and A settings for dns and MX mail exchanger. Not sure I did this right,
but this part seems to be working ok.

Thanks for your help.

Best,
Albert