Re: [exim-dev] RFC: Refactoring expand_string_internal

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Sheen, Tony
CC: exim-dev
Betreff: Re: [exim-dev] RFC: Refactoring expand_string_internal
On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Sheen, Tony wrote:

> The profiler identified that most of the reduction was taken up with setting
> up function calls and tearing them down afterwards.

That is what I have always assumed. Nice to have it confirmed.

Mind you, one can be extreme about these things. I remember many, many
years ago, when I was on what we would now call a help desk, an academic
came in with a Fortran problem. His program was 600 lines of Fortran
with no comments, no function calls, no gotos, and no loops. He had just
written out his entire computation serially.