Re: [exim] getting auth to work under cygwin

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Zbigniew Szalbot
À: exim-users
Sujet: Re: [exim] getting auth to work under cygwin
Dear Pierre,

On 7 Aug 2006 at 14:48, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:

> Zbigniew,
>
> As explained in Philip's message, you should use exim -bd -d+all
> to produce all debugging output.
> When I do that, I just launch exim from my bash window (and not as
> a service).

I got it working! :) Thanks. It's a little victory but seems to mean the world to me :) What I
got working is the plain text authentication. THe problem was that the auth file (plain text in
my case) had windows line endings. When I changed them to Unix, it started to work. Now I
am looking into why I cannot use passwd file. But none the less I am well into reading
FreeBSD PDF book from their website and when I am back in the office, I will go for
FreeBSD, especially that the book is written in such a way that - believe it or not - even I can
understand it ;)

Thank you all for your patience. I need to learn some unix basics because without them
cygwin is also difficult to handle.

Thanks anyway!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot