[exim] smarthost/SMTP issue

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Robert Pawlowicz
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [exim] smarthost/SMTP issue
Hi there,

I'm trying to set up Exim so that my testing server at home will send
emails. I'm running RT (request tracker) and PHP4 and I'd like to be
able to use both properly.

I set out to configure Exim4 on debian and at first glance it looked
relatively straight forward - as I imagined it should be. I'd actually
set this up a while ago so was completely new to it.

Any way, firstly I thought I'd use my usual SMTP mail server which is
completely separate from my ISP. All I would need to do is authenticate
and all would be done. However I noticed very quickly that it wasn't
sending emails to any address other than the domain for the SMTP server.
For example the SMTP host is mail.example.com - I could only send emails
to rob@???.

I gave up with that and figured my ISP would be easier - well not quite,
all I get back from them is a 550 relay not permitted. Again I was
shocked at my email client has no such problem. So long as I
authenticate correctly surely it should work?

Any way please help - I really need to get these emails working, it's
making testing some applications a nightmare.

Kind regards,

Robert Pawlowicz