Re: [exim] Callout cache domain records with use_sender

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Philip Hazel
À: Dave Evans
CC: exim-users
Sujet: Re: [exim] Callout cache domain records with use_sender
On Thu, 3 Aug 2006, Dave Evans wrote:

> For example: my server has "require verify=sender/callout", and someone tries
> to email me from <someaddress@???>. coscon.co.uk's mail servers are
> RFC-ignorant, and reject the null sender; therefore, all sender verification
> for that domain will fail, and a callout cache record is written (as I
> understand it) stating that verification for "coscon.co.uk" fails for all
> local parts.

The cache record should actually state that verification for
coscon.co.uk *with a null sender* fails for all local parts.

> My server also has "require verify=recipient/callout,use_sender". When
> someone now tries to send email *to* <someotheraddress@???> (or
> indeed to the same "someaddress"), verification seems to fail, using the
> cached callout record.

Hmm. With use_sender, it is supposed to use a different key, and
therefore consult a different cache record. (The key contains the sender
address.) Hmm again ... a quick look at the code suggests that it does
do this for the cache for individual addresses, but I'm not sure that it
does the same thing for "domain records", that is, those that apply to
the whole domain.

> My server's behaviour, the 4.62 source code (as far as I understand it), and
> the spec, all seem to agree that this is what happens, but it doesn't seem
> like a Good Thing. Is it a bug?

So this does look like a bug. I have noted it for further investigation,
but I won't be able to look at it for some time, I'm afraid. Having just
got 4.63 released, I'm catching up on other things and then I'm going on
holiday...