Re: [exim] getting auth to work under cygwin

Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Zbigniew Szalbot
À: exim-users
Sujet: Re: [exim] getting auth to work under cygwin
Hello,

On 4 Aug 2006 at 15:43, W B Hacker wrote:

> Do not try to run a 'public facing' MTA unless you have a fixed IP address with
> 'PTR' and 'MX' records as well as an 'A' record. Your ISP Terms and Conditions
> must also permit running a mail server. Many do not.
>
> Show evidence of understanding and responsibility and you will find lots of help
> here.

Ouch that hurt :) but I take your point. Just to give you a little background. It is not that I
know nothing about mail servers, DNS, relaying, etc. I have been running mail server under
windows for a long time and it currently handles about about 17K messages per day.

I am thinking of changing it to use exim under FreeBSD but I wanted to test and see. Until
now I haven't head a separate box to test and I would hate to mess with the production
server. Now that I have one I wanted to look at things using cygwin with the plan of moving
later the whole mailing system under some flavor of linux. I am willing to learn. I am just
trying to create a test system and see how it operates, what challenges lay ahead, etc. FYI -
even for the test box I have all things cofigured correctly with revdns, etc.

If you think you can still help me, please do. I do not want to try first by installing FreeBSD
because there will be many more challenges to face even before implementing a mail server.
This test setup is purely for the purpose of watching the system under vairous load and
seeing what else I need to think of.

Thanks anyway.

--
Zbigniew Szalbot