Re: [exim] getting auth to work under cygwin

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: Exim, Users
Subject: Re: [exim] getting auth to work under cygwin
On 04/08/06, Zbigniew Szalbot <admin@???> wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> I am a good example of a person reading the docs, googling for answers with no practical
> result. I know I should not ask such basic questions here but I think I tried almost every
> solution I found and cannot get authentication properly implemented in exim 4.62 on
> windows under cygwin. Can I ask for some help?
>
> Of course I am able to relay from the LAN but I very much wanted to be able to also relay
> from outside the LAN. I haven't tried any secure mechanism. I thought I would implement
> simple plain text authentication first.
>
> Here is a snippet from my conf file (the ones that I commented I tried too):
>
> begin authenticators
>
> login:
> driver = plaintext
> public_name = LOGIN
> server_prompts = User Name : Password
> server_condition = "${if and {{!eq{$1}{}}{!eq{$2}{}} \
> {crypteq{$2}{${extract{1}{:} \
> {${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/auth}{$value}{*:*}}}}}}}{1}{0}}"
> server_set_id = $1

How did you build the /etc/auth file? This authenticator expects a
file in the format

userid: cryptedpassword

Does your file have crypted passwords? If they're plain text
passwords, sustitute 'eq' for 'crypteq' in your server_condition.

I guess also it's possible that crypt has problems under cygwin, dunno.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???