Re: [exim] Recipient / Callout questions

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Recipient / Callout questions
On Thursday 03 August 2006 18:56, Alex Dyas took the opportunity to say:
> - When a callforward is performed is the sender's connection to my
> server kept open? My guess is not.

Callouts are performed in the ACLs, at which point the incoming connection is
still open.

> - If a check is successful is the message sent over the same connection?

No, but callout results are cached.

> - What does the sender see when the callforward check fails
> (non-existent recipient)? My guess is that this depends on the way I
> write my ACL?

Exactly. See section 39.31 for expansion variables you can use to construct a
custom error message.

> - What happens when multiple recipients are specified? Is a callforward
> tried for each recipient?

Yes.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???